GENERAL HELP, SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE
Looking for help or advice?
You can contact Become’s friendly advice line on 0800 023 2033
or email email@example.com.
Become is a charity for children in care and young care leavers.
Or you can call Coram Voice’s Always Heard helpline service on freephone 0808 800 5792, email firstname.lastname@example.org. They do great advocacy work with young people, helping them with what they need.
THINKING, OR APPLYING FOR HIGHER EDUCATION:
If you are in care or a care leaver applying to higher education, did you know there is support available to help you with finance, settling in, and accommodation?
- The Propel website is especially designed for young people with experience of care.
- UCAS is the organisation that handles all students’ applications. Check out courses and what they offer. You will also find information on scholarships, charitable and educational grants and bursaries, NHS, Social Workers and Teaching Careers, and more financial support.
- This website tells you all about applying for student finance.
- And this website is information for people who live and are going to study in Scotland.
- And there’s more info and support available from the National Network for the Education of Care Leavers (NNECL).
TRANSITIONING INTO BEING A CARE LEAVER
Are you transitioning into being a care leaver?
Know your rights, know your benefits. Here’s a guide for young people in and from care.